Saturday, August 2, 2014

Tropicana Orange Juice Lid

Having recently developed some packaging for liquid products at work, I'm often now interested my new packages in the grocery store. Today, while in the refrigerated section at Walmart, I saw this neat new lid/pour spout on one of the Tropicana bottles:
 
 The part about this that is neat is that the injection molded lid just has a snap fit that holds it onto the extrusion blow molded bottle. We are planning on reusing the container as a pitcher once we are done with the OJ. I also love the pull off seal that is all one injection molded piece with the lid. I was a bit surprised to see that the snap on lid is actually a different part. However, I'm sure it would be very difficult to have molded it in as a single part with the seal.

Anyway this may have been a bit boring, but I found this lid quite interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment